Draftsight 2017 SP1 critical hotfix released. As we know, draftSight is a professional 2D design and drafting software that lets you create, edit, view as well as markup any kind of 2D drawing. It has a familiar user interface and a minimal learning curve that facilitates an easy transition from your current CAD application.
It has come to the attention of the DraftSight team that, due to an expired certificate, Windows* 32 & 64-bit versions of DraftSight released from 2012 to 2017 will not launch and/or will stop running as of March 1, 2017. However, we are making available a critical hotfix to resolve this issue before that date.
- Ease of use accessing rendering tools (lighting tools, texture mapping, as well as custom material creation, etc.)
- Ability to modify 3D primitives (parametric editing tools, free-form editing tools, symmetrical editing process, etc.)
- Ease of use accessing basic drawing tools (line, circle, polygons, etc.)
- Ease of use accessing basic editing tools (erase, trim, extend, undo, etc.)
- Export to file (.jpg, .pdf, .png, as well as svg.)
- Save as .jpeg, .pdf, .png, .sld, .svg, .tif, as well as .stl file formats
- Support for Windows, Mac as well as Linux operating systems
- Multi-language character set support including Unicode fonts
- Support for multiple user interface customizations. Can store and recall interfaces as required by a specific user without closing the application as well as without the need for scripting knowledge.
- Ability to create custom scripts to automate tasks, such as add standard layers or styles to a drawing, update the title block, or automate plotting tasks.
How to Install Draftsight 2017 SP1 3D Software on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget http://dl-ak.solidworks.com/nonsecure/draftsight/2017SP01/draftSight.deb sudo gdebi draftSight.deb
How to remove Draftsight 2017 from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove draftSight.deb