Budgie Desktop is the flagship desktop of Solus, designed with user experience in mind. It focuses on simplicity and elegance, while providing you the flexibility to make it your own. It also enables you to gain quick access to notifications as well as features like media playback controls, system settings, calendar, and more!
Budgie Desktop 10.2.9 Highlight
- Numerous fixes have been made to the various panel widgets
- An issue with the spinning wheel that would persist for 30 seconds during the launching of an application has been resolved
- Issue with the Keyboard Layout widget where you weren’t able to retrieve a language name from libgnome-desktop for the zh_CN locale resolved
- Multiple fixes have landed for the Places widget
- MTP mounts have been fixed.
- Root directory bookmark detection has been fixed.
- The duplicate checking of directories with accented characters in their name has been resolved.
- Arabic is now a supported language.
- Chinese is now a supported language, both in Chinese (Traditional) as well as Chinese (Taiwan).
- Multiple languages have received translation improvements:
- Dutch and Dutch (Belgium)
- Japanese (Japan)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Argentina)
- Swedish (Sweden)
- HiDPI has improved for Budgie 10.2.9
How to Install Budgie Desktop 10.2.9 on Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:budgie-remix/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install budgie-desktop budgie-welcome
Remove Budgie Desktop 10.2.9 from Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04
sudo apt-get remove budgie-desktop budgie-welcome