Shotwell is a digital photo organizer designed for the GNOME 3 desktop environment. It allows you to import photos from disk or camera, organize them in various ways, view them in full-window or fullscreen mode, and export them to share with others. The Yorba Foundation wrote Shotwell in the Vala programming language.
- Shotwell can import all your photos and tags from the F-Spot photo manager.
- Copy photos from a digital camera.
- Import photos from a digital camera’s memory card.
- Import photos that are already saved on your computer.
- View more detailed information about photos, like the exposure mode used by the camera.
- Learn about different ways of viewing your photos: in a grid, filling the main window, or filling the whole screen.
- The sidebar on the left of the window lists various views of your library.
- Group photos together that were taken at the same time. Learn how to rename, merge, and sort events.
- Flag photos to mark them as special or to work with them as a set.
- Give photos a rating between 1 and 5 stars. You can reject bad photos, hiding them from view.
- Remove photos from the library, or delete them from your computer entirely.
- Find photos and videos in your collection by a variety of criteria.
- Organize photos by labelling them.
- Give titles to your photos.
- Change the time and date of photos if those details are incorrect.
- Let Shotwell improve the brightness and contrast of a photo automatically.
- Change the exposure, saturation, tint, and shadows of a photo.
- Improve the composition of a photo by cutting out parts of it.
- Use a different program to edit a photo.
- Correct photos where people have red eyes because of the camera’s flash.
- Click the Rotate button, or choose one of the commands in the Photo menu.
- Straighten a photo so that its horizon appears level.
- Return a photo to its original, unedited form.
- Shotwell is a non-destructive photo editor – it does not modify your original photos.
- Copy photos out of Shotwell so you can put them somewhere else.
- Click File ▸ Print. For more printing options, select the Page Setup tab in the Print dialog.
- Publish photos to Facebook, Flickr, Picasa Web Albums, or other sites.
- Send photos via email, instant messaging or in other ways.
- Set your desktop background to a single photo or to a slideshow of photos.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos.
- If Shotwell can’t find a photo in your library, it marks it as missing.
- You can open Shotwell with a different photo library by using the command line.
- Keep the Shotwell library in sync with photo files on disk.
- Extend Shotwell’s functionality dynamically.
- More about RAW support in Shotwell.
Latest Shotwell Changelog
How To Install Shotwell 0.25.x on Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 16.04
Note: Since this release is relatively recent, the stable PPA is yet to be updated. For now, you can test run it using the unstable PPA
sudo apt-get remove --purge shotwell shotwell-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yg-jensge/shotwell-unstable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install shotwell
ONET IDC thành lập vào năm 2012, là công ty chuyên nghiệp tại Việt Nam trong lĩnh vực cung cấp dịch vụ Hosting, VPS, máy chủ vật lý, dịch vụ Firewall Anti DDoS, SSL… Với 10 năm xây dựng và phát triển, ứng dụng nhiều công nghệ hiện đại, ONET IDC đã giúp hàng ngàn khách hàng tin tưởng lựa chọn, mang lại sự ổn định tuyệt đối cho website của khách hàng để thúc đẩy việc kinh doanh đạt được hiệu quả và thành công.